See the world • See what develops
Southern California: Spring 2016
Spring Break 2016. A trip all over southern California.
The itinerary was pretty well packed:
- Jimmy Kimmel: Live! on March 30, with guests Sen. Ted Cruz and Mike Epps; musical performance by Twenty88 was recorded for the following night's show. And... ahhh... yes... I was interviewed by a local network affiliate while waiting for entrance into the theatre; I talked about how these types of shows helped people see a more human — and humorous — side of candidates. People like Jimmy Kimmel can get them away from the usual political talking points. I was right. He had Sen. Cruz talking about Star Wars and the last time he cried at the movies (it was at The Force Awakens).
- The Big Bang Theory — in the studio audience for the episode entitled The Fermentation Bifurcation, co-starring Alessandra Torresani
- My first trip to Disneyland since I was a kid
- Opening Day in San Diego on April 4, Padres v. Dodgers, with the Dodgers putting the smack down in a 15-0 shutout
- Quick road trip up to San Simeon to visit Hearst Castle
- In the studio audience for the pilot episode of what would become known as The Man with a Plan, starring Matt LeBlanc and, at the time, Jenna Fischer as his wife. It was supremely awesome to see TV legend James Burrows in person, directing the episode.
- Ducked into the El Capitan theatre during a rare rain "incident" and saw Zootopia, which included live stage presentaiton of some of the movie's real-life animals, including a sloth, and live organ music
- Checked out Batman v. Superman at the Chinese Theatre in IMAX with Laser. Awesome presentation quality, but the movie still sucked.
Technical note: All photos taken with a Sony A6300.